Edit Array

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Edit Array

Post by Kjell »

@Ville

Could you please consider swapping the dimension order in which data is displayed for 2D / 3D Arrays? Tried to get used to it .. but it still trips me up :?

K
Attachments
3D.png
3D.png (24.42 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
2D.png
2D.png (23.14 KiB) Viewed 5035 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

The way you present it now with the images it seems obvious it should be the other way around, but I remember the ordering felt intuitive for me when I initially did it. Perhaps a setting or at captions that show which dimension belongs a particular axis.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,
VilleK wrote:The way you present it now with the images it seems obvious it should be the other way around, but I remember the ordering felt intuitive for me when I initially did it.
Guess it depends what you're using the array for. When it comes to spatial data, the current layout doesn't feel intuitive ( to me ). A switch / setting to toggle between the modes might be best. Or I should just stick to reading / writing arrays in the "Value = Array[Z,Y,X];" format :wink:

Just to clarify .. on the left are the current layouts for 1D / 2D / 3D arrays, and on the right is what I personally prefer for spatial data.

K
Attachments
Red = X, Green = Y, Blue = Z
Red = X, Green = Y, Blue = Z
Arrays.png (70.56 KiB) Viewed 5016 times
StevenM

pasting to a nth index of a multidimentional array?

Post by StevenM »

I don't normally use persistent array values so I don't know much about the copy and paste functionality. I am working on a project where I would like to use a persistent 2D array- but I was wondering if it is possible to paste a set of values to to each row, instead of all at once. The reason is because it is a fairly large 2D array (nx256) that would eventually be a bit hard to generate, copy, paste all values at once.