Capture output to AVI?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

LamptonWorm

Capture output to AVI?

Post by LamptonWorm »

Hi everyone,

First post :)

Wow this tool is nice - can't believe I only just found it.

So, I'm using it to make a video for one of my songs hopefully, similar to something on the demoscene.

My question is how to capture output the exe to AVI or similar - I can use CamStudio or similar of course but I wondered if there was any existing functionality or plug-in to be able to capture the window at high FPS, it may be more efficient than regular screen capture.

I want to capture clips because I can then edit them separately and overlay the music, then upload to YouTube.

Cheers,
LW.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi LW,

Are you using FL Studio to create your music? If so, you can use the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin that comes with FL Studio to export your video(s).

ZGameEditor itself doesn't have any video exporting capabilities build-in .. nor are there any extensions available that add such functionality as far as i know.

When it comes to screen recording software I'd recommend MSI Predator ( which is now part of the MSI Afterburner suite ).

K
LamptonWorm

Post by LamptonWorm »

Hi,

I have FL Studio, yes - but in this case I'm using the separate engine to have more control and I don't need the music sync this time. Good shout on Predator, looking at that now. Thanks!

Cheers,
LW.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi,
LamptonWorm wrote:I'm using the separate engine to have more control and I don't need the music sync this time.
All features of the engine are available in the FL Studio plugin as well .. in fact the FL Studio plugin has additional features such as MIDI input, anti-aliasing options and ( as previously mentioned ) AVI export, so not exactly sure what you're referring to with "more control".

Anyway, if you have any questions or need help with anything .. feel free to ask away :wink:

K
LamptonWorm

Post by LamptonWorm »

Hi,

Ah that's interesting, I will investigate it again as I probably overlooked a few things, thanks!

Cheers,
LW.