Maintenance release

Discuss the ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin for FL-Studio.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

Maintenance release

Post by VilleK »

In this thread maintenance releases of ZGameEditor Visualizer will be published. The latest release will also always be included in the next FL-Studio update but download from this thread if you need the update sooner.

Download:

http://www.zgameeditor.org/files/ZGameE ... Update.zip

To install, locate your folder where ZGameEditor Visualizer is installed (C:\Program Files\Image-Line\FL Studio 10\Plugins\Fruity\Effects\ZGameEditor Visualizer) and unzip the file in that location.

Updated May 12th, version 1.0.0.1:

- Bugfix that should remove error message seen on certain ATI cards (error in atioglxx.dll)
- Video export now defaults to a better audio format

First update:

-Effect selection works with automation and midi control.
-Detached-setting is restored after leaving wallpaper mode.
-Splitter-bar is now hidden in wallpaper mode.
-Video export will display error code in error message.
-Log window no longer hangs video export.
-Focus-rectangle hidden for checkboxes.
Last edited by VilleK on Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PW69

Post by PW69 »

Hi Villek
Just checked out the update FL automation is now working but internal MIDI routing from FL MIDI Out mods still not working on either script selection or script parameters
Cheers
PW69
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

PW69 wrote:Hi Villek
Just checked out the update FL automation is now working but internal MIDI routing from FL MIDI Out mods still not working on either script selection or script parameters
Cheers
PW69
What do you mean here by: internal MIDI routing from FL MIDI Out mods.

From Midi-Out Channels?
PW69

Post by PW69 »

Yes.

Havent checked it from an external HW controller but configured the pots on the MIDI out module in FL to transmit a set CC number on a set channel on a set output port and tried to map controller to parameters using the corresponding config in ZGEViz with no luck.

The FL automation now works RMC Edit and the internal FL control surfaces Peak control etc but not MIDI. Unless I am doing something wrong.
StevenM

Post by StevenM »

OK.

The midi input is not like the midi control for VTSi plugins. The midi input is only for scripts that support it - but not intended to be linked to any of the parameters - otherwise there would be a conflict to use the midi in scripts if it is hard coded for parameters.

I do think the config your talking about is just built in to the wrapper - which is inactive.
PW69

Post by PW69 »

StevenM wrote:OK.

The midi input is not like the midi control for VTSi plugins. The midi input is only for scripts that support it - but not intended to be linked to any of the parameters - otherwise there would be a conflict to use the midi in scripts if it is hard coded for parameters.

I do think the config your talking about is just built in to the wrapper - which is inactive.
I am not sure I understand what you are saying the video below clearly demonstrates a MIDI control surface being used to control the ZGE script parameters and there are options within ZGE interface to Map MIDI controllers to the parameters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43SM9Vxr ... r_embedded

I understand the scripts that you referring to as being scripts that support MIDI ie the MIDI Particle script and Casio Keyboard Script use MIDI NOTE Data directly within the generation process but the use of MIDI Notes to generate graphic content and the use of MIDI CC's to control are fundamentally different. I am referring to the ability to control ZGE physical parameters using MIDI channels in FL

With respect to the statement that there could be "a conflict to use the midi in scripts if it is hard coded for parameters." I don't see how MIDI CC's and Note data have been co-existing simultaneously on the same MIDI channels for 40 odd years not mentioning that from the interface it appears that Plugin parameters can be mapped to any of 16 channels. I don't know too much about graphics and coding but everything I know about FL and MIDI suggests from what I see in the interface that it should work javascript:emoticon(':?') also The update below does state
First update:

-Effect selection works with automation and midi control.

I am just reporting that this does not appear to be the case.

I will post this over on the IL site just in case it may be an issue that end

Cheers
PW