ZGameEditor 1.8.0

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

ZGameEditor 1.8.0

Post by VilleK »

Changes in 1.8.0 version:

* New: Support for the excellent kkrunchy-packer. This packer can compress the demo projects 10kb smaller than Upx in average. See notes below on how to use it.
* Improved: Latest version of Upx-included.
* Improved: Error handling when render-components are wrongly inserted in onupdate and vice versa.
* Improved: Video-option dialog now works on Linux via xmessage. Thanks to kattle87.
* New: Functions in ZExpressions "acos" and "asin".
* Fixed: Alt-Enter now toggles application preview on/off. Thanks to Boris and Kjell.
* Improved: SpawnModel now adds up the current model position and the Position-property of the SpawnModel component to get the final position if "UseSpawnerPosition" is set. Suggested by kattle87 in this thread.

Note: To use kkrunchy you need to download it from here and save the file as "kkrunchy.exe" in the .\Tools folder. I've emailed the author of kkrunchy to ask if I can include the tool in future ZGE distributions.

Download from here:

http://www.zgameeditor.org/index.php/Main/Download
Attachments
zge180_1.jpg
zge180_1.jpg (12.93 KiB) Viewed 22060 times
zge180_2.png
zge180_2.png (11.56 KiB) Viewed 22060 times
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,

Some great new functions again in this release :) However, my AV ( NOD32 ) isn't really liking kkrunchy packed files. It seems to grind through them quite severely .. eating up the CPU fully for a couple of seconds. Completely ZGE unrelated though obviously :wink:

Thanks!
K
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

for Ville: the nice thing is that you also updated the Italian page of the wiki: "how much time have you spent looking for the word "giugno"? ;)
BTW: I'm very happy to see all the suggestions I've made found their way into the new vers :D
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Haha, yes I googled for "italian name of month" or something and came up with that.

There are issues with virus scanners and exe-compressors, some have problems with upx-compressed files also. I'm not sure why really. Maybe it is because compressed files have totally different structure where the scanners have problem analyzing and give a "warning" just in case.
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

ehm... are you sure that the modifications done to SpawnerPosition work? :/ seems to me they are not working...
However I will check better tomorrow
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Sorry my mistake I did not test that feature properly. I've updated the latest version now, please download and try again.
(only win32 player is updated, if it works ok for you then I will update linux/mac also)
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

this is working fine now, but I've found another bug :P I'm gonna make you going mad :P
viewtopic.php?t=201
bye!