monitors

Any topic not related to ZGE.

Moderator: Moderators

y offs et

monitors

Post by y offs et »

Recently I had to search out my repair tech. Turns out it was my ISP's anti_virus (virus!) program, which is now "filed"(grrr!).
Anyway, amongst other things, I grilled him on LCD monitors. I had a 21inch generic model from an unnamed supplier (F.S.), that died in a year. I had it replaced on warranty, and the second died in a year (echo!). By then the warranty was up and I have since been wary, using a 17 inch analog IBM I had, which seems to want to run flawlessly forever.
He said it was the back light that gets a little old, dusty, and heats up, tripping the circuit breaker. He said get an LED back lit LCD monitor and that problem is solved. They're a little pricey yet, but I'm looking.
"great expectations"
diki

Post by diki »

I've been using a Fujitsu ScenicView P20-2 for 3 or 4 years now; the backlight has since become noticeably dimmer in a vertical center strip (~1/2"), but it is still very usable (even for graphic design work). So I guess I can recommend that brand, at least :) Next time I'll probably go for a much larger screen, though, for ergonomic reasons.
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

So I took the plunge and bought an LG E2250 LED monitor today.

I love it when everything plugs in and works right out of the box.
"great expectations"