Change clipfar of mesh preview

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

Ats

Change clipfar of mesh preview

Post by Ats »

Hello everyone :D
I've started to import big meshes in my game, and the camera's ClipFar of the mesh preview is so small that I have difficulties knowing if my mesh is correctly positioned. I made a little video to show the problem: https://gemoo.com/tools/upload-video/sh ... 3018992640

Do you think it would be possible to add an option to adjust the ClipFar setting of the mesh/model preview in the project settings?
(I already tried to change the ClipFar in the App settings, just in case)
Kjell

Re: Change clipfar of mesh preview

Post by Kjell »

Hmm,

@Ville: Maybe instead of just translating the preview ( of MeshEditFrame ) based on Mesh.BoundSphere, the (model)view matrix could also be scaled ( using BoundSphere.Radius ) so that the mesh fits in view by default? That way you don't have to fiddle with the clipping range / projection matrix.

K
Ats

Re: Change clipfar of mesh preview

Post by Ats »

If that doesn't break everything, in case of showing a huge mesh, that would be neat :)

And if the mouse wheel zoom factor could be adjusted to the BoundSphere.Radius, so we don't need to roll it a thousand times on big objects, or lose sight of micro objects with just one touch of the mouse wheel, that would be awesome!