Use of non-English letters

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

Tomi

Use of non-English letters

Post by Tomi »

Hello everybody!

Is it possible to use of non-English letters in ZGE? When I tried to use Hungarian accent letters with RenderText, I got spaces instead of these.
Kjell

Re: Use of non-English letters

Post by Kjell »

Hi Tomi,

ZGameEditor stores project files ( .zgeproj ) using ISO-8859-1 encoding. As far as Hungarian is concerned, ISO-8859-1 is missing Ő,ő,Ű,ű. If you can live with typing Õ,õ,Û,û instead, you can simply adjust your font to still render Ő,ő,Ű,ű.

Alternatively you can use external / embedded text files using ISO-8859-2 encoding if you really dislike having to type Õ,õ,Û,û.

K
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Thank you for your answer, Kjell!
At me, the problem can be seen on the attached image. Should I use some kind of "UseMaterial" before the RenderText to get the wished characters, as you used in your example (Is "CEMaterial" means "Central European"?)?
szovhiba.jpg
szovhiba.jpg (161.4 KiB) Viewed 262 times
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi Tomi,
Tomi wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:04 pmShould I use some kind of "UseMaterial" before the RenderText to get the wished characters, as you used in your example?
The built-in font only contains ASCII characters. So you need to provide your own font that has all characters you want to use. Attached is the example i used in the screenshot.
Tomi wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 2:04 pmIs "CEMaterial" means "Central European"?
Correct, "CE" refers to "Central European" .. but you can name components whatever you want :wink:

K
Attachments
Hungarian.zgeproj
(6.43 KiB) Downloaded 48 times
Tomi

Post by Tomi »

Many thanks, Kjell! I tried your example program and it works fine at me too! It's not too easy for me to understand the usage of these game components (Material, Font, etc. together), but your example is very helpful.
I'm so happy now! :D :D