Possible to use zgame as a plugin inside of Vegas, AE, FCP ?

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

spinladen

Possible to use zgame as a plugin inside of Vegas, AE, FCP ?

Post by spinladen »

I have been trying to search all over for the answer to this question, but I don't think it has been addressed anywhere yet? If you have zgame inside of FL 10 thats all good and all, but I would like to leverage the power of this plugin inside of a NLE video editor and would like to know if it works with all the big ones at all? FCP X, Vegas, AE, Premiere....

Would it be possible to bring it up in any or some of those programs as easily and relatively the same as it is in FL 10? or is it pretty much only play nice with FL 10 and nothing else?

inquiring mind want to know. :?:
Kjell

Re: Possible to use zgame as a plugin inside of Vegas, AE, F

Post by Kjell »

Hi spinladen,
spinladen wrote:Would it be possible to bring it up in any or some of those programs as easily and relatively the same as it is in FL 10? or is it pretty much only play nice with FL 10 and nothing else?
Even though ZGameEditor is free & open-source, the reason that the FL Studio plugin exists is because Image-Line ( creators of FL Studio ) hired the developer of ZGameEditor to create the plugin for them. Unless Adobe / Sony steps forward with a similar proposition for their products, I"m not sure who will be up for such a task .. as I can't imagine someone doing it just for fun. Anybody familiar with Delphi and plugin development for the application / platform of their preference is welcome to prove me wrong though :wink:

Anyway, as far as I know you're bound to FL Studio when it comes to using the FL Studio ZGameEditor Visualizer plugin yes.

K
spinladen

Post by spinladen »

That's what I thought. Was just seeing if I could streamline my workflow as a primarily visual artist as opposed to supplementing some audio productions.

It almost feels as though this plugin could be the missing puzzle piece of functionality if married to a program like resolume or something similar.

It has just the right things that could beef up the pallet of tools in visual artillery.

Thanks for the answer!
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi spinladen,
spinladen wrote:It almost feels as though this plugin could be the missing puzzle piece of functionality if married to a program like resolume or something similar.
Hadn't heard of Resolume before. Just took a quick look at their developers forum, and I guess it should be possible to wrap a ZGameEditor player in a FreeFrame interface.

K
spinladen

Post by spinladen »

You would make the vj community mighty happy!
Its literally the missing puzzle piece of functionality that would complete the perfect package.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)
spinladen wrote:You would make the vj community mighty happy!
Its literally the missing puzzle piece of functionality that would complete the perfect package.
Not sure if i would be the right person for the job though ( since I have virtually no Delphi experience ). At least FreeFrame seems to also be supported by Adobe After Effects / Premiere, Sony Vegas, VVVV and many more .. so allot of applications would be covered with a single effort.

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I havn't heard of Resolume or the FreeFrame interface before either. I'll bookmark this and take another look after Christmas. You might want to ask this question again at Image-Line's ZGameEditor Visualizer Forum. Image-Line is the company behind FL-Studio and they take all business decisions regarding the visualizer.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

is interesting software,. a bit pricey though,. .
thanks for pointing it out.
iterationGAMES.com