Greatings, Procedural Content Creation,. .

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

jph_wacheski

Greatings, Procedural Content Creation,. .

Post by jph_wacheski »

Hi I have been working with GameMaker for a number of years now and have allways been a bit perturbed about its 3d implementation and the large file size that it produces so I find your project very interesting,.

I am going through the tutorials, and will post what I come up with as soon as I have a working knowlage of the system. A simple game probably based on SpaceZap,. one of the simplest games I know.

I also am interested in keeping file size small and would like to see some procedural content creation incorporated into ZGameEditor. I have been learning Werkkzeug3 and it is quite interesting,. perhaps some basic techniques along these lines would allow textures to be generated in a similar way that your sound synth works,. a few perameters and seeded random algorithems to make noise and waves and lines and end up with useable textures and eventually geometry as well,. . just my initial thoughts on this interesting tool.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Werkzeug is a very impressive tool, it is one of my main inspirations for making ZGameEditor in the first place.

I'm not too happy with the user interface in Werkzeug though. I want applications to be as intuitive as possible to use, ideally so that no tutorials or documentation are needed. And unfortunately neither Werkzeug or ZGE is that easy to use at the moment :) .

Lots of work is needed to make ZGE more user friendly, hopefully it can be done perhaps with help from other developers now that it is open source. Your suggestion about texture synthesis would be great for designing textures faster. Textures can already be made from BitmapExpressions but it is not very intuitive.