Beginner and beginner questions

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Dragon

Beginner and beginner questions

Post by Dragon »

Hi everyone in this Forum I'm new here and in ZGEEditor it looks very good but I have a few questions about it.I hope this is the right section for this post.

1. How good is the performance on the four targets (Linux Mac Windows and Android)

2. Are the engine only good for little games like space invaders tetris or other little games or can i make a little bit bigger games with it.

3. Can I make commercial games with all liberys that are in the normal download from the engine

4. Under which license is the engine currently

5. Is any person in this forum who can speak German

Sorry for my bad english I speak nativly German and I hope that are not to lot of questions and too bad english. And VilleK thats a good engine for only one person who works on it good work. And the best is it is open source.
Last edited by Dragon on Tue May 28, 2013 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kjell

Re: Beginner and beginner questions

Post by Kjell »

Hi Dragon,
Dragon wrote:How good is the performance on the four targets (Linux Mac Windows and Android)
The engine is compiled to native code and uses hardware accelerated graphics ( OpenGL ) on all platforms.
Dragon wrote:Are the engine only good for little games like space invaders teris or other little games or can i make a little bit bigger games with it.
It's primarily targeted to smaller games .. but you could make a "Super Metroid" or even a "Super Mario 3D Land" ( this takes a bit more effort ) just fine.
Dragon wrote:Can I make commercial games with all liberys that are in the normal download from the engine
Yes .. apart from the ModPlay example which uses the BASS library. But there are free alternatives for that if you need it.
Dragon wrote:Under which license is the engine currently
MIT. Or in other words, it's free for commercial use.
Dragon wrote:Is any person in this forum who can speak German
Keine ahnung :wink:

K
Dragon

Post by Dragon »

Kjell thanks for your fast answer.