Looking for older version of Zgame.

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

jinxtengu

Looking for older version of Zgame.

Post by jinxtengu »

Hi Im looking for version 1.9.9 of Zgame editor, does anyone know where I can find a copy?
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hi,

I usually don't keep older versions. Is there any specific reason why you need it? The current beta version is always the best (;)) and it should be to a very large extent backwards compatible. If you have a problem with an older project then I'm sure we can make it work in the latest if you ask for help here.
jinxtengu

Post by jinxtengu »

About a year ago I was working on a project in Zgame editor.
I took a break from it for a while to work on some other projects.
Recently I wanted to pick it up again and finish it, since it was such a fun and promising project. Unfortunately since I was last working on it, I had a hard drive failure and lost the version of zgame I was using, 1.9.9 (I didn’t lose the game however, I backed that up)
I’d really like to start using a newer version of zgame, but 1.9.9 is the only version that works without compile errors with the game I was doing.

I tried compiling my game in a newer version, even yesterday, but I received tons of errors. I spent a while correcting them, but eventually I gave up and decided that it’s just not worth it.

I think it would be easier if I could just find a copy of version 1.9.9, finish my game, and then move on to a newer version.
I know this is an odd request, but I hope someone can help.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi jinxtengu,

I remember :wink: Perhaps someone could build 1.9.9 again ( it's revision 203 on the repository )?

K
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Good idea. Version 1.9.9 requires Delphi 2010 to build, but I found I still have it installed on my older computer so I could build it. Try the attached version.
Attachments
ZGameEditor_199.zip
zge 1.9.9
(2.21 MiB) Downloaded 386 times
jinxtengu

Post by jinxtengu »

Thanks alot!!

I just have one further question, My anti virus checker, which is comodo,
comes up with a warning.

TrojWare.Win32.TrojanDownloader.Delf.gen@117138821

in 2 of the files.
is this a false positive, or what?
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yes, a false warning. It says "Delf.gen" which I interpret to mean that the scanner thinks it is suspicious with a small executable built with Delphi which contains code to access internet (the WebOpen component in ZGE)
jinxtengu

Post by jinxtengu »

Kewl, Im looking forward to finishing that game.
Thanks for all the support.

:)