Problem with Options dialog on external monitor

Found a bug? Post information about it here so we can fix it!

Moderator: Moderators

Rado1

Problem with Options dialog on external monitor

Post by Rado1 »

Selecting ZApplication.ShowOptionsDialog, consequent running the app with F9, and selecting Fullscreen checkbox and using lower resolution (e.g., 640x480) results in disconnecting my external monitor connected to notebook. Resolution set to "Use desktop resolution" works fine also for external monitor. If the app is running only on the notebook display, also lower resolutions in fullscreen work fine.
Kjell

Re: Problem with Options dialog on external monitor

Post by Kjell »

Hi Rado1,
Rado1 wrote:Selecting ZApplication.ShowOptionsDialog, consequent running the app with F9, and selecting Fullscreen checkbox and using lower resolution (e.g., 640x480) results in disconnecting my external monitor connected to notebook.
This happens because the resolution of only the primary display is changed ... consequently they don't match up anymore which causes the cloned display to be "dropped". I guess this could be solved / added to the code-base, but don't you think this is a rather niche situation ( why would you want to use a non-native resolution to begin with )?

K
Rado1

Re: Problem with Options dialog on external monitor

Post by Rado1 »

Thanks Kjell for explanation. You are right, for me this was a rare situation. I just wanted to test performance on various resolutions and wondered how it is with fullscreen having lower resolution. If ZGE can be fixed easily then fine, but this is a change of low priority. I think that many people are using notebooks with external monitors and sometimes want to use lower resolution to increase performance of games; after all the Options dialog allows it.,.