Roadmap

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Roadmap

Post by Kjell »

Hej Ville,

Since I'm sure a ZGE development roadmap exists in one way or the other ( text file / piece of paper / your head ), would you mind taking a shot at compiling a rough outline of which features ( and in what order ) we can expect to appear in the unforeseeable future? No guarantees obviously .. but would be interesting nevertheless :)

Kind Regards,
Kjell
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I have notes of everything suggested in the "feature request" thread. However as many of those things require the script-rewrite, they have to be addressed at a later date.

Some things that are realistic to implement, in no particular order:

- Separate Source/Destination blend modes on material
- Sync display refresh-rate to user environment
- Import mesh with animations
- Improved collision handling with more collision-modes and info about collision
- assorted feature requests for ZDesigner such as: display collision areas, disable light influence when previewing a bitmap etc.
- dialog for setting video-options on startup

I'll turn the question around, which features do you want the most (except script-rewrite)?
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hmm,

That's a difficult question actually ...

What I think is probably the most urgent issue ( even though I don't really need it right now ) is that the current Collision system does not work properly with Model Rotation / Scale. After that ... a Raycast component 8)

*I've attached a example in which a Ball approaches a 4,1,1 Box ( with 4,1,1 Box3D Collision ) which you can rotate with the Left / Right arrow keys. As you can see, no matter how you rotate the elongated box, the collision remains unchanged.

Regards,
Kjell
Attachments
Collision.zip
(36.11 KiB) Downloaded 411 times
jph_wacheski

more key infos,.

Post by jph_wacheski »

hi guys ,. not sure how tought this would be, but one thing I could use would be on the KeyPress component,. It would be nice to have;

OnPressed - one trigger till key released and pressed again
OnHeld - each update this is called
OnReleased - one trigger when key released

I am tring to code this functionality so the player can only use the gun OR the build beam in CCUG,. made a var: Held, set it to 0, then in the OnPressed for the first key, Z, Held=1; in the next KeyPressed for key X added a condition; return Held==0; and then a Held=0 in a seperate expression after that,. my thinking was that these events would be called in the order they appear in the editor,. however this is not working,. . :(
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Jph, this could be because you have the RepeatDelay property set? If so then the OnPressed event won't be triggered every frame which means both of your buttons will be pressed on alternate frames. Your code should work if you set repeatdelay to zero and use a separate variable to control how often to fire a shot. Perhaps a timer-component inside onPressed will work?

But a separate list of events as you suggests would be more elegant, I think this has come up before and it is noted.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

ah ha,. right you are ! Indeed you are a smart guy Ville, thanks for that. Works like a charm with timers for the delay,. have a looksee;
Attachments
CandyCorn_UnderGrowth_017.zip
a bit harder now with limit of fire OR beam and fire overrides the beam key, nice!
(40.36 KiB) Downloaded 428 times
iterationGAMES.com