A display of the collision box on model preview

If there is something important you think is missing in the current version of ZGameEditor then you can post a feature request here!

Moderator: Moderators

jinxtengu

A display of the collision box on model preview

Post by jinxtengu »

Hello, I have a suggestion for a feature.

It would be a really useful to have the collision box (or sphere) of a model displayed in the editor preview window, with a toggle button, much like the display of normals for instance.

I seem to recall that this used to be a feature, but maybe I am mis-remembering.
Perhaps this is already a feature and I simply don't know how to turn on a visualization of the collision detection of a model.
In any case, this would be a very useful feature to have, and a fairly simple one to implement , as I can imagine. :)

Just a red box or sphere in the preview window, that displays where the collision detection is, in relation to the rendered model.
Kjell

Re: A display of the collision box on model preview

Post by Kjell »

Hi jinxtengu,
jinxtengu wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 4:08 pmI seem to recall that this used to be a feature, but maybe I am mis-remembering.
You're correct, simply enable the "Bounds" checkbox when previewing a model.

And if you leave the checkbox enabled, it will show collision bounds while previewing your application too.

K
jinxtengu

Re: A display of the collision box on model preview

Post by jinxtengu »

Oh man! Thanks Kjell. I can't believe I didn't work that out, after a whole year of using Z game editor.