ZGameEditor 1.9.1 (updated)

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

VilleK
Site Admin

ZGameEditor 1.9.1 (updated)

Post by VilleK »

Changes in 1.9.0 version:

* New property WireframeWidth on Material component.
* New property OfType on RemoveAllModels to remove all models of a specific type.
* New property MultipleSurfaces on MeshImplicit component for polygonizing multiple surfaces (much slower).
* Fixed: Animating properties of the AudioMixer no longer results in runtime crash.
* New properties CustomScreenWidth/Height on ZApplication to set custom screen size.
* New properties ViewportRatio and CustomViewportRatio on ZApplication to choose different preset ratios, or set a custom ratio.
* RenderText now renders characters with correct ratio, and new property StretchY controls for modifying character height.
* Designer: Right-click on audio envelope settings to set a exact value in a input box.
* New property MasterVolume on AudioMixer component.

Thanks to all that contributed, particularly to Kjell who is the first to contribute with implementation-code of new features! This proves that Open Source can actually work even on software that is totally undocumented :)

Download from here:

http://www.zgameeditor.org/index.php/Main/Download
Last edited by VilleK on Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
jph_wacheski

still fits on a 1.44 MB floppy disk!

Post by jph_wacheski »

Great! Loads of fun new features. Thanks so much again guys!
and I just realised that the whole distro still fits on a 1.44 MB floppy disk!,. too bad my current machine does not even have one! Just a nice fact though,. on to the trying out of the new stuff,. cheers.

Ok, found a bit of a problem. running in Fullscreen with any screen size that does not fit the full res of the display and I get the game displaying fine, however the off screen parts are not blacked out., instead they flicker like mad, and I can see the desktop under that,. ? It works great in a window though.
iterationGAMES.com
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

There is something bad with kkrunchy, since it does not work with files created with the new vers.
Plus, file size has increased a lot!!! something like 13 KB uncompressed... Is everithing fine or we got some (resource?) files inside the player for mistake?
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Sorry about that, I forgot a couple of important files when moving the Subversion repository and that caused the runtime files to be bigger than usual. I've updated the zip-file so it should work now.
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

fixed 100% :) thank you
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
slobu

Not sure if a bug or user error :)

Post by slobu »

I'm running an Intel Mac with OSX 1.4.11 using Crossover Games 7.1.0

When I create a Mac binary it creates a single file with just the project name as the filename. When I click on that file it just brings up the terminal. When I try "sh [filename]" it says it cannot execute the binary file.

Probably a quirk of trying to run it under CrossOver Games. I'll try to compile on a real Windows machine next.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Did you get it to work under OS X? Please note that SDL must be installed.

http://www.zgameeditor.org/index.php/Ho ... ssPlatform
slobu

Making Mac Binary Creates File without Extension

Post by slobu »

Tried to compile a Mac binary on a real Windows XP machine and got the same results. It outputs a file without an extension like:

MyZGEGame.

When I click on it on a OSX 10.4 machine it brings up a Terminal window.

I tried installing a SDL library for Mac with same results.

If you do decide to tweak yer Mac binary feature maybe it'd be best to create a .dmg file with the binary in it. My theory is that since Mac files have a data and a resource fork OSX doesn't know what to do about a lone file with no extension. I don't know how you'd create a .dmg file or make sure the Mac binary is in that data/resource fork format :(

I'm only an amateur programmer so don't take my theories seriously :)

P.S. Thank you for your reply!