I can help translating ZGE into Arabic

Do you want to contribute to improving ZGameEditor? Check out the list of open activities and find out where you may be able to help!

Moderator: Moderators

smm

I can help translating ZGE into Arabic

Post by smm »

Hi guys
First I would like to thank you for this development software.
Second How about translating ZGameEditor menus and dialogs into Arabic?
I can help in translating it.
I just posted this topic to help you spread ZGameEditor because you helped people by making ZGE and give it to people for free. :D
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi smm,

Since ZGE is open-source software, in theory you could translate the text in the Editor and compile / build a Arabic version yourself. However, this might be a little more difficult then just replacing text, as Arabic uses a different encoding set.

What I personally think is a better idea, is to add Arabic as a additional language to the documentation. Francesco ( kattle87 ) has done the same for Italian. If you go to the ZGE website, you can see a English and Italian flag .. but there is room for plenty more ;) If this will make it more convenient for Arabic speaking users to hop on the ZGE bandwagon, I certainly think it would be a welcomed initiative.

Welcome to the club!
K
luster123

Afrikaans

Post by luster123 »

Could you send me the documentation for ZGE.
I can try to get the documentation translated into Afrikaans!!
^_^

-dexter :twisted: :twisted:
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

As Kjell wrote, the documentation is here:

http://www.zgameeditor.org/

If you click the Italian flag you can see that Francesco has translated some of the pages to Italian. Any serious attempts to do the same for other languages are very welcome! If you are interested send me a PM and I will reply with a password for the wiki and some basic instructions.

Thanks,

Post by smm »

thank you friends

your posts encouraged me to do both

translating the application and the wiki pages

so I need two things from you

first : I need a program name that decompile and compile ZGameEditor.
second : I need VilleK to send me the password for thw wiki
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi smm,

Concerning your first remark, you can find links to the ZGE source code at download, and as mentioned on that same page; "The source can be compiled with CodeGear Delphi or Free Pascal."

Once again, I personally think taking the responsibility of releasing Arabic builds each time a new version is released will probably not be worth the effort. But that's up to you to decide of course :wink:

A good alternative might be to add a Dictionary page to the Wiki that holds all the English terms used in ZGE accompanied by their Arabic translation, so people can easily search for any term they are not familiar with.

K
smm

Post by smm »

I have read about applications that can decompile an application for translating it to another language . they show you the original terms and give you the ability to change them to another language then you save (compile) the translated application , I think these applications are better for me as I am not a programmer.
thank you :)