Analyser

Do you want to contribute to improving ZGameEditor? Check out the list of open activities and find out where you may be able to help!

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:arrow:

Just to inform you .. the reason that this is taking slightly longer then anticipated is because I'm creating a icon set containing all components ( one of the ancient open activities ) in order to keep the report compact ( bloody RenderTransformGroup :wink: ).

Also, I'm currently using the following ( attached ) color palette for the root nodes. Producers isn't exactly a root node though, but that got included because it can contain more then 1 exclusive component ( unlike Material, AnimatorGroup and SteeringController ). There's no one right way of doing this obviously .. so feedback is welcome as always.

+ Example use of the color palette by the component chart ( excluding icons ). Horizontal sorting is alphabetically, vertical is by spectrum. AudioMixer is excluded since it's a singleton ( boolean ).

K
Attachments
Canvas.png
Canvas.png (4.82 KiB) Viewed 42806 times
Legend.gif
Legend.gif (3.51 KiB) Viewed 42824 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Hey, the canvas.png picture looks nice. I must remember to read your posts twice Kjell because you edit them so often, and that picture wasn't there from the beginning :)

You should ask Jph send you a couple of his projects so you can try it on larger files, also interesting to compare if he also has a certain "style" that is similar for several of his projects.

Full icon set sounds very interesting too!
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

I am interested to see the icons,. are they color coded and abstract/simple? that would make viewing projects in the editor easier should they be integrated,. . I like the colors and the graphs so far., and of course running this on my projects could be interesting to see as well,. roc!
iterationGAMES.com
diki

Post by diki »

nice progress!
Kjell wrote:creating a icon set containing all components
hey, that's what i'm doing, too! our icons will have to enter the thunderdome! ;)
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

diki wrote:our icons will have to enter the thunderdome! ;)
Battle of the icons! :)
We can make a vote, or we can make ZGE have two different icon-sets built-in and let the user choose.

I was going to collect new screenshots of ZGE for the webpage but since icons are an important piece of the user interface I'll wait until we have updated them.
rrTea

Re: Analyser

Post by rrTea »

I'd be very curious to see what are the top components and to run this on my own projects too! Although in my case it wouldn't be very interesting as I'm always using the same few components over and over :D

Now that ZExpressions are so powerful I guess lots of components are used through that channel too so the results might be a bit off (again not in my case as I always prefer to use a component over ZExpression) - things were a bit simpler to analyse in 2010 :D