Beta release 1.9.9b

Information and change log about the latest ZGameEditor release.

Moderator: Moderators

y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Thanks for the info on fixedFrameRate. I've written it into the Help.
That was back when I was confused (looking at a bool) and thinking clearing portions of the screen.
"great expectations"
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Beta updated today, here is what's new:

-AutoPowerOfTwo-property to RenderTarget for automatically set the rendertarget size to next higher power of two. The gl viewport is set to the chosen size.
-Updated Library.xml with components from diki and also external libraries.
-Fixed bug when inserting a component with nested components from library.
-Help-file from yoffset.
-ViewportX/Y/Width/Height properties can now be read on ZApplication component.
-FixedFrameRate can be changed in runtime.
-CallingConvention can be set on ExternalLibrary to stdcall or cdecl.
-ExternalLibrary works on Linux.

See attached images of using external library on Linux. Note that when calling OpenGL on Linux the modulefilename and callingconvention must be set to different values compared to Windows. This could be done using a script in OnLoaded that test a App.HostPlatform-value or similar, I'll add such a property if needed. At the moment I don't think anyone is using the multiplatform-support in ZGE but I will keep it updated as long as I consider it worth the effort.
Attachments
zge_callingconvention.png
zge_callingconvention.png (9.3 KiB) Viewed 29966 times
zge_opengl_linux.png
zge_opengl_linux.png (164.86 KiB) Viewed 29966 times
kattle87

Post by kattle87 »

nice then! The reason I asked is that now I own a nokia N900... I was going to get the pandora but that was just in huge delay so I got a N900 instead.
This little thing has got a full linux with openGL 2.0ES and really powerful processor (same cortex A8 platform) and I really wanted to attempt a port... This will require somewhat a lot of time but I'm hoping to find some, after I've done with my exams now...
This might be interesting for real.... They will soon open the Ovi store (the app store equivalent for the nokia) for N900, and even if it's OpenGL ES instead of full OpenGL, porting this might be really easier than porting it for the IPhone, and at the same time it might be a good starting point
In the fall of 1972 President Nixon announced that the rate of increase of inflation was decreasing. This was the first time a sitting president used the third derivative to advance his case for reelection.
-=Hugo Rossi=-
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)

Not to nit-pick, since this is another fantastic release .. but perhaps you could reveal ( by adding a read-only property ) the internal width / height of the RenderTarget so users don't have to do this calculation on their side as well ( for the texture coordinates )?

In any case, hopefully this will fix any problems that ATI cards previously had with FBO's ( please have a look y_offs_et ).

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Hey, fixedFrameRate works down to 1 now.

As to RenderTarget, with custom width/height at 0, at least I get a wildly out of focus something now, instead of a black screen. That prompts me (or someone else) to enter some values.
Edit - Hey, Villek has done something to this component. Once I mess around a bit and do a save of some .zproj that wouldn't work before, when I re-open it, now it works running through the updated component .

Well, I've made entries for the stuff in Help. As usual, when I decipher someones example, I'll fill in the blanks.
"great expectations"
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

I just watched Kjell's excellent skybox tutorial again. It shouldn't be forgotten.

viewtopic.php?t=440&highlight=skybox

Edit - referenced in latest Docs update.
"great expectations"
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Just a minor update today, soon there will be the finished release.

- "break" and "continue" supported in expressions.
- file-generated dialog now has a link to open containing folder after generate. Also when generating Linux/Mac there is a link to the wiki. The links only appear on Vista/Win7 because they use the new Windows TaskDialog.
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Another update today. I'm planning the full release to Sunday or Monday now.

Two more scripting enhancements:
- Conditional statement (x ? value1 : value2)
- Switch-statement

- Bug-fix for problem with fonts and multiple textures reported by Kjell

Code: Select all

//Conditional statement example
//Give 1000 in bonus when time<100, otherwise bonus will be zero
int bonus= time<100 ? 1000 : 0;

//Switch-statement example
switch(i) {
  case 0 : 
  case 1 : 
  case 2 : 
     //When i is 0, 1 or 2.
     doSomething();
     break;
  case 3 : 
     //When i is 3.
     doSomethingElse();
     break;
  default : 
    //The default case when i is none of the above
}
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Small bug in the editor (beta) with the model catagory,. enting values from the keyboard seems to work till you leave the model,. then it flips to 255,. it works fine if you use the drop down, this only happens when entering the value from the keyboard. (I am a rev. or two back, so you may have alread fixed this?) The scripting is shaping up nicely! I will have to update to use the new stuff that just keep coming.
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Updates:

- Fixed problem described by jph above with typing values in combo box.
- Fixed bug where RenderText sometimes render garbage characters reported by Kjell.
- Syntax highlighting now highlights all reserved words.