Not a floating point value

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

myraneal

Not a floating point value

Post by myraneal »

Hey there,
I've recently started having this issue with ZExpressions. If you can look at the following screenshot:
files/floatissue_241.jpg
You will see that the expression script system is complaining about -3.7 not being a floating point value. I think this only started happening since I've started using ZGameEditor on the Turkish-language Windows XP I have here. Is it possible that is the cause? Is there an easy way to fix it?

Thanks,
Yılmaz
Attachments
floatissue.jpg
floatissue.jpg (157.42 KiB) Viewed 8224 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yılmaz,

Please try some other values to help me find the problem:

I often use ZGE on Swedish Window XP (where the default decimal separator is ",") and have not had a problem with this. Values in ZGE should always use "." as decimal separator.
myraneal

Post by myraneal »

Hey Ville, I wish I could give you some concrete info here but I've been using ZGameEditor the last couple of days and only once or twice did I get this error, and restarting the application fixed the problem. One thing, that I think is remotely a pattern, is that it seems to happen when I get back to the open ZGameEditor screen and F9 to launch the game after a long period of doing other stuff. I don't think my keyboard language ever changes during that time but that might be it.
So not sure yet :|

-Yılmaz
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Ok, I set the decimal separator to "." when application starts and that is probably not enough. I will change this in next release. Thanks for reporting!
myraneal

Post by myraneal »

I can confirm the following: When I have ZDesigner open and the project is working and compiling properly, and then the computer is locked (due to 15mins of inactivity or the WindowsKey+L combo), and I unlock it, when I try to run the project it gives me several of the same "Not a floating point value" errors, but when the game launches after I click OK on all those errors, it seems to work without any problems. If I shut-down ZDesigner and re-launch it, the problem goes away.

Thanks,
Yılmaz