Graphics error (non-fatal)

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

myraneal

Graphics error (non-fatal)

Post by myraneal »

Hey there,
I guess this is more of a bug report (and I was surprised that there is no Bug Report section of the forum) but sometimes when I click on an object in ZGameEditor that brings up a 3d display in the Preview window, I get the error you can see in the attached image. At this point, the window title of ZGameEditor also changes, in this specific instance to "Fel vid SetPixelFormat Nr:87 nPFrmt:0".
If I click OK, I can continue working on the project, with no observable side effects; I can even rotate the object in the preview window that gave that error message. Also if I click on another object and click back on the object that generated the error, the error does not come up again. If I shut down the app, re-open it, and click on the object that caused the error, once again it doesn't come up.
I have an Nvidia Quadro 3500 gfx card and I'm using the 175.51 "performance" drivers downloaded from Nvidia's website.
Hope this helps.

-Yılmaz
Attachments
gfx_error.jpg
gfx_error.jpg (152.59 KiB) Viewed 4323 times
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

The reason that there is no bug report section on this forum is because there are so few bugs ;) . Only kidding! I'm adding more forum section as they are needed, so a bug-report will probably be created soon if more appears.

I've never seen this problem before. It is probably related to your graphics driver. If you get the same problem on another computer with different graphics card, then it might be your specific zgeproj-file and I could use a copy.

You have provided lots of good info so I can investigate further. Thanks!