Video Tutorials

All topics about ZGameEditor goes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:)

Thanks guys ~ Let me know if you have any comments / suggestions / requests ( apart from voice-overs .. I tried but I'm just no good at it ).

@jph - The BGM in "Designer Layout" is from Wave Race 64 actually, but you're right on Evangelion :wink:

K
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Last edited by Kjell on Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Thanks for these, very informative, and well done. I learned a bunch,. More please!
iterationGAMES.com
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

Yeah, great work Kjell! These are excellent additions to the ZGE documentation. I'll copy the list to the wiki for easy reference.
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

Uploaded a livestream recording on how to set up a basic 3D particle system. Not exactly a video tutorial ( + bad resolution & framerate ), but perhaps somebody finds it useful.

*Ideas / topics for a second round of video tutorials are still welcome :)

K
y offs et

Post by y offs et »

Hi Kjell,

You know I'm a big fan of your tutorials, especially the ones on youTube. However, this medium might be less satisfactory. There is no way to slow down / back up / etc. on the live stream. Couple that with the poor resolution, and it was pretty well unusable. So I downloaded it, which I could play thru QuikTime, so it could be stopped / started etc., which made it usable, although no clearer.

I expect there is a valid reason why you have changed mediums, so let me suggest another to you.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/capture/index.html

This is free, as much as is needed for our purposes. Of course, it produces gigantic .wmv 's , but if you compress them with .7z , they're down to about 5% of original size.

Lights! Camera! ...
"great expectations"
VilleK
Site Admin

Post by VilleK »

I thought it was good even though the low resolution. The end result with the particle blob looks very nice :)
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

Hi guys,

@y_offs_et - Don't worry, video tutorials will stay in HD ( 1280x720 ) .. this was just somebody asking about particles in 3D, and me demonstrating that doing your own particles ( since RenderParticles is primarily for 2D ) is pretty straight-forward.

@VilleK - Thanks :)

K
jph_wacheski

Post by jph_wacheski »

Thanks Kjell, as always I learn some cool tricks watching you work,. Perhaps including the .proj file with the tutorials would make these even more helpfull,. . cheers.
iterationGAMES.com
Kjell

Post by Kjell »

:?:

Any requests? Planning on recording some more this weekend.

@jph - Bit of a delayed response, but I never actually saved the .zgeproj files after recording. Shouldn't take that much time for somebody watching a tutorial to re-create what is show though, since they all start from a empty file.

K
keymasher

Post by keymasher »

kjell i'd love to see some of your advanced ogl tricks in zge, and maybe some shader stuff.
pond

Post by pond »

is there anywhere i can still get the skybox tutorial?
Imerion

Post by Imerion »

Sorry for reviving this very old thread, but I'm also curious if this Skybox-tutorial can still be found somewhere?